Increase Digital Sales by 1-Minute Preview Streaming
Credit: mocha @ AbsoluteMBLAQ
DO NOT TAKE OUT!
We all know that digital sales play a significant part in winning on music programs (M Countdown, Music Bank & Inkigayo), but as most of the Korean music portals do not accept foreign purchases, how does an international A+ help with the digital sales?
This tutorial will show you how to increase the digital sales by streaming the 1-minute preview on various websites.
Where to stream…
olleh music (formerly Dorisak) HERE
**Make sure you are on the Korean Mnet site, not the global one**
Naver Music HERE
Daum Music HERE
How to stream…
- When you are on the album page, click on the title of the song you want to listen to
- For multiple songs, check the boxes next to the songs and click “듣기” (listen)
- DON’T MUTE/SKIP/PAUSE before the song ends or it won’t count!
- If it does not work on your browser, use Internet Explorer (It doesn’t play on Mnet, Bugs and olleh on my PC when using Mozilla Firefox)
- Make sure you delete the song from your playlist by clicking “삭제” before you exit the player/site (and for Mnet click “로그아웃” to log out) when you finish streaming or it may not count
- Streaming their teasers/MVs on the above websites would also help! For example, Mnet
- Some sites may require you to download and install their own player before you can stream. Just follow their instructions when such a screen pops up
- Unfortunately for now Soribada (English) and Mnet Korea (go here for instruction) are the only websites where a foreigner can buy, download and stream the full song
- Some have argued that streaming the 1-minute preview does not count towards the charts (i.e. Soribada and Mnet), but at this moment there is NO confirmation of what counts and what doesn’t